Sunday 22 November 2015

Recon

Evening Folks, 

I have been working out my plan of action, and this brought up a few questions for me. 

What shall do for the bases? 
....At first I got my ideas together, one of the main ones I considered was a diamond plate interior look. This would have fitted in with the history of void combat.However most gaming boards are earthy mud and rocks...So I played it safe and went with a boggy marsh look. 

Shall I alter my style and push it further? 
.....I tend to weather the heck out of my models. This can go way too far though so I'm going to tone it down a touch. But ultimately I'll be having a beaten gritty look. 

What units should I tackle first? 
.....I have a rough list on the go but nothing solid yet. So I'll be looking to get the bare minimum off the ground first and build on that. 

And should I have a plan, for every five standard troops I get to do something fun, tanks characters?
.....Fellow amigo Rob Grizzly Bearup uses this method to great effect. So I'm going to take a leaf out of his book here and do the same. 
Basically for every 5 standard troop type I'll reward myself something fun to do. 
So I'll drop a tank or HQ choice in. 
I'm hoping this will keep me motivated......if not the deadline of a game will certainly push me. 

So with that in mind I have completed my first unit for the Eagle Warriors


Scout Squad, 1st Recon and Covert ops. 

The look for them was going to need some tweaking, how to do the shoulders and split scheme. 


Again a chat with fellow painter Rob we came up with a good plan of attack.

The shoulder guards would display the scheme. the fatigues would be khaki, and the bulk of the scouts armour would be grey. 

The shoulder guards would display the Chapter colours. I decided on a  white stripe over blue instead of half and half. 

My aim was to make it believable that they were first in and covering recon and covert ops. 
Having them all white and blue would have made them stick out. 

Hopefully these guys do the Chapter justice.


So now I have my first five under my belt, what shall I do next ? 
Here's my choices:

                              *Rhino/Razorback
                              *Dreadnought
                              *Landraider
                              *Storm Talon

Be great if you can help me decide. 

Cheers for reading this, and please follow me on Facebook or Instagram for more photos and updates. 

James 






No comments:

Post a Comment